SD Drain Support FAQ
How do I setup a hot spot on my Android phone?
Turn On the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Feature on Your Android Smartphone or Tablet
- Go to Settings on your Android phone. You can get there by pressing the menu button on your device when you’re on the home screen, then tapping Settings.
- At the Settings screen, tap the Wireless & networks option.
- Click the check mark beside the option for Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to turn on the hotspot, and your phone will start acting like a wireless access point. (You should see a message in the notification bar when it’s activated.)
- To adjust and check the settings for the hotspot, tap the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings option. You’ll need to do this if you don’t know the default password that will be created for your hotspot so that you can make a note of it for connecting your other devices.
- You can change the default password, security level, router name (SSID), and also manage users connected wirelessly to your phone in the Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
How do I set up a hot spot on my iPhone?
How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad
A Personal Hotspot lets you share the cellular data connection of your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) when you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network.
Set up Personal Hotspot
- Go to Settings > Cellular.
- Tap Personal Hotspot, then tap the slider to turn it on.
If you don’t see the option for Personal Hotspot, contact your carrier to make sure that you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.
How do I setup WiFi on my computer?
Connect your SD Drain computer to phone Hot Spot or other WiFi network
Swipe in from edge of computer to bring out the Charms Bar
Click on settings in the Charms Bar
Click on the Wireless Bars on the Settings page (it should say “Available”)
Click on the name of your network. If using a phone it should be listed in the Hot Spot settings. Most of the time there is only one network listed.
Press the Connect button
If a connection sharing window pops up click “No, don’t turn on sharing or connect devices”
When completed it should say “Connected”
How do I setup my GPS?
Click on the following links for initital setup of your GPS
- Ag Leader 7500
- Generic GPS
- John Deere 3000/6000
- Rust Sales PX5R and Base Station
- Trimble 262/252/372
Click on the following to adjust communication settings with PX5 Rover or A631 base/rover.
- Radio Channel Change – PX5 Rover
- Radio Channel Change – Rust Sales/A631 Base & A631 Rover
- NMEA Output Change – A631 Rover
No GPS signal?
Is the GPS receiver light on?
- If no, check power.
Is your GPS receiver configured to the proper settings for SD Drain?
- Baud Rate to 57600 (38400 for JD ITC)
- Set the HZ to 10 (5 for JD ITC)
- Turn GGA, GSA & RMC “ON” (Make Sure ALL the rest are OFF)
- Turn TCM (Tilt Control Module) OFF
Is your receiver plugged into your computer?
- For an AFL2-12Ai5, the GPS cable should be plugged into the COM 1 port.
Was the GPS detected in SD Drain?
- In GPS Control page, do you have port: Com 1 selected?
- Did you press Start for system to search for GPS?
- Was GPS detected?
Are you using a GPS base station?
- Is Base Station on?
- Is Base Station sending corrections?
- Is Base Station battery low?
Why is my GPS signal poor?
- If you are using a tower network, how far away is the tower? Anything over 2 miles is less than optimal.
- Check the GPS forecast, it might be a bad signal time.
- Are you by a building or trees?
Cutting too deep?
Calculate blade to ground
- Make sure you are receiving a good RTK signal.
- Use the calculator function/DO NOT Measure with tape measure (see below).
- Perform calculation with no obstructions (Trees, buildings, etc.)
- Was the blade in the proper position when you performed the blade to ground calculation? If not, recalculate.
- Are your Up/down cylinders settling as you survey ditch?
- Are you getting erratic RTK signal from working around obstacles (trees, buildings, etc.)?
- You can manually change blade to ground setting to cut more precisely.
How can I choose my survey direction?
The default setting on SD Drain® Ditch is to survey downhill, to-the-outlet. You can change that setting and choose to survey to-the-outlet or from-the-outlet. Change the default setting by following these steps:
- Press the Settings button on the lower right hand side of the screen. That button should switch to say Main Screen
- Press the Program button and choose Settings
- Toggle Survey Both Directions Off to Survey Both Directions On
Now, every time you survey, you will have to choose which direction you are surveying:
How do I download TeamViewer for remote support?